This page includes more details about the The Ukulele Party Week – Nov 2019.
For general information about Learning on Vacation, the hotel and the town, see the welcome page.
November 9th-16th, 2019 – the 2nd Annual
Mexican Ukulele Holiday with Ben Hassenger
Come Play and Play
The Ukulele Party part.
- 4- 2 hour morning workshops, leaving ample time for enjoying the beach, walking in town, hiking, biking, paddle boating, horseback riding, or simply relaxing in a hammock
- Evening jams and open mics encourage preparation of new material with old and new musical partners
- Open Mic Performances at local bars/restaurants and a closing advertised performance of group and solo/small group pieces
- Players of all levels are welcome – from beginner to advanced.
And a little about our teacher:
Ben Hassenger- Lansing, Michegan
(We know you are on vacation, you can opt in or out of what you’d like)
Day 1 arrival, dinner and evening program
Day 2 – morning activity, breakfast, class, lunch, free time, evening jam
Day 3 – morning activity, breakfast, class, lunch, free time, evening jam
Day 4 – morning activity, breakfast, class, lunch, free time, evening open mic.
Day 5 – morning activity, breakfast, class, optional boat trip and lunch in Colimilla or lunch on your own, Barra sunset, free evening (lunch today is buy what you want)
Day 6 -morning activity,breakfast, class, lunch, free time, Public performance
Day 7- morning activity, breakfast, free day, bagged lunches available, evening tbd
Day 8- morning activity, breakfast, Go home… (or stay for another great week)
Cost: $1200 (USD) for the week includes:
- 7 nights accommodation – private room, private bathroom, air-conditioned
- welcome dinner, 7 breakfasts and 5 lunches
- Ukulele Program (above)
- bike excursion (optional)
- excursion by bus and boat to 2 nearby communities, lunch and sunset (optional)
- orientation and translation
- Airport transfers from and to the Manzanillo airport to your hotel in West Melaque*
- Note: this price does not include flights, dinners, and gratuities
Early Bird $1000 (USD) available until August 15th, 2019
*prices are based on private rooms. For those who wish to share a room (1 Bed) a further $50 discount applies per person.
*air transfers are included for those arriving to Manzanillo airport. We recommended participants to fly to Mexico City first. From Mexico City the recommended flight is number 2568 with Aeromexico. If you are flying from Toronto please click here for details on the recommended flights to fly with the group.
If you prefer a different route, please speak with Dawn before booking your flight. There are not many direct flights to Manzanillo this time of year. Another option is to fly to Puerto Vallarta and travel (approx. 4 hours) to Melaque.
*those who want to come for fewer days can negotiate a pro-rated price. Likewise. we can help you to arrange to stay before or after the ukulele week.
*$500 deposit required for booking with balance due by October 1st, 2019. Refunds available (less $50 admin fee) until October 1st. No refunds after October 1st.
*for answers to frequently asked questions see our FAQ page
For more information and registration: please contact Dawn at firstname.lastname@example.org