November 21-28th, 2020 in Melaque, Mexico
What is a Vipassana Vacation?
Join Molly Swan and Norman Feldman in Melaque, a beach town on the Mexican Pacific Coast, for a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in a warm, beautiful environment and culture with the support of the Buddha, Dhamma and Sangha.
We will spend the week together with a small group of sangha, practicing in the morning and after dinner. Afternoon through dinner will be independent time, whether you choose to relax at the beach, or explore the village, or go on outings in the area led by Dawn – seeing these activities as opportunities for cultivating practice in different forms throughout the day. We are fortunate to have Dawn as organizer, translator, liaison with the local community and Qigong teacher.
The formal times of practice (after dinner through the morning) will be in silence. This will include sitting with some instruction, Dhamma talks and discussion, guided meditation, Qigong, and opportunity to meet with Molly or Norman individually.
The Vipassana Vacation Package costs $1100 CDN (a small number of subsidized spots will be made available. Please request Application form here
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO PEOPLE WHO HAVE SAT VIPASSANA/INSIGHT RETREATS
The Vipassana Vacation includes:
- Practice and dhamma exploration with Norman Feldman and Molly Swan. (Dana will be invited for Norman and Molly at the end of the retreat.)
- Qigong instruction with Dawn Aarons
- 7 nights accommodation – private room (single and doubles), private bathroom, air-conditioned **
- welcome dinner, 7 vegetarian breakfasts and lunches (accommodating special needs as much as possible)
- orientation and translation
- Airport transfers from and to the Manzanillo airport to your hotel in Melaque***
- Note: this price does not include flights, dinners, and gratuities
- We apologize that the hotel is not wheelchair accessible. Participants must be able to walk up two flights of stairs to reach our “palapa” meeting area
**participants who share a room will receive a $50 discount per person
***airport pick up is available from the recommended flight. See here for flight recommendations
Applications accepted until December 15th, 2019.. We’ll send out notification of acceptance before January 15th, 2020 with a non-refundable $500 deposit required by Feb 15th, 2020 to hold your spot. The balance is due by Sept 1st, 2020. Space is limited to 14 rooms (some rooms can accommodate 2 people, some are single rooms). Norman & Molly will use one room.
Cancellation Policy– Due to the nature of the event, the $500 deposit is non refundable unless we are able to re-fill the spot, in which case a $50 admin fee will apply. Further payments are likewise non-rufundable unless we are able to re-fill the spot.
Please email Dawn at email@example.com to request an application for this special opportunity with Norman, Molly and Dawn.
Click link for information about Optional Activities
Click link for Frequently Asked Questions
The Basic Schedule
The Vipassana Vacation is comprised of mornings and evenings in silence in practice with sangha, and afternoons through dinner exploring the beach and the countryside, returning to silence and practice after dinner.
- 6:45am wake-up
- 7:15am sit
- 8:00am breakfast
- 9:00am -1pm sit followed by various forms of practice, Qigong, discussion
- 1:15 lunch (not in silence)
- 2-9 free time including dinner out
- 9:00 back in silence, sit/guided meditation